Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Are you the next Antarctic Youth Ambassador?
The Sir Peter Blake Trust in partnership with Antarctica New Zealand is running the 2nd year of the Antarctic Youth Ambassador programme, giving the chance for an individual to get involved with Antarctica's environmental issues. This is a once in a life time opportunity.
Please find an advert that can be posted for students on how to get more information (via the Trust website: www.sirpeterblaketrust.org).
Please circulate this email to anyone who may be interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, or other departments that may have suitable candidates.
Applications close Friday 30th May 2008, and criteria follows:
To apply to be an Antarctic Youth Ambassador you must be:
· 18-25 years of age at time of application;
· A New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand resident;
· Able to demonstrate a passion for and contribution to New Zealand's natural environment;
· Able to demonstrate experience in remote outdoor settings;
· In exceptional health with a high standard of fitness;
· Able to show leadership potential;
· Hard working, adaptable and a team player;
· Independent, self-confident and self-reliant;
· Articulate and experienced at presentations and public speaking;
· Able to show a high standard of writing ability.
Environmental Programme Manager
Sir Peter Blake Trust
M: 0274 954 311
?T: +64 9 307 8875 F: +64 9 309 3350
?Ground Floor, Auckland 2000 Centre,
Viaduct Harbour, Cnr Quay & Hobson St.
PO Box 106-955, Auckland City 1143
Supporters: Air New Zealand, Chapman Tripp, designworks, Fairfax Media, Giltrap City Toyota (with Toyota New Zealand), KPMG, Line 7, Ministry for the Environment, Ministry of Education, New Zealand Geographic, Newstalk ZB, NZCT, Porter Novelli, Sheffield, Shift, Soar Print, Tourism Auckland